Before you adopt a Rescued Lab…
All our Rescued Labs over eight months of age are spayed or neutered*, microchipped, brought up to date on their shots, heartworm tested if old enough, and any medical needs are addressed. We are a foster-based rescue and do not have a physical facility.
*In accordance with State law and regulations, those under eight months old may be adopted unaltered with: (1) a spay/neuter deposit of $150 and (2) a required date for the spay/neuter surgery included in their adoption contract.
Before you apply for a Lab, please read A Note About Our Rescued Labs.
- Puppy to 1 year – $400
- Adult 1-6 years – $350
- Senior 7-10 years – $300
- Senior 11+ years – $150
If adopting multiple Labs at one time, adoption fees may be reduced. All adoption fees go towards the care for all our rescued Labs while in transition to their forever homes. The cost to prepare most of our rescued Labs for adoption greatly exceeds the adoption fee. Our largest single expense is the veterinary care we provide. Medical costs in 2020 were over $160,000.
Application and Adoption Process
- Due to the high volume of applications and the limited number of rescued Labs we have available, we will contact you if a Lab becomes available who, based on the information in your application and after review by our Adoption Coordinators, may be a suitable match.
- You will receive an email confirmation that your application was received, and we will keep your application on file for three months.
- Please note that many of the Labs who come in are already matched with pre-approved applicants.
- Safe Harbor Lab Rescue is an all-volunteer organization and, unfortunately, we are unable to return phone calls and emails regarding your application status. We apologize in advance for any inconvenience this may cause and appreciate your understanding.
- If we are not able to place a Lab with you, we are not passing judgement. Our goal is to find the right match for each Lab’s unique needs and each applicant’s situation given the limited number of available rescued Labs. Because we are a rescue, we have no way of knowing when Labs will come into our care.
- The more flexible you are with age, gender, color, health care needs, training, etc., the easier it will be for us to find a Lab for you.
- Submission of your application does not guarantee placement of a dog.