Foster Homes Needed!
Our fabulous group of volunteers and fosters tells us volunteering for Safe Harbor is tremendously rewarding…sort of like a scratch on the belly of one of our beloved Labs.
Our philosophy is that volunteer work should be fun! We’re always looking for extra hands on deck to help out in all sorts of ways:
- Transporting Labs from shelters to their foster home, medical appointments and other places as needed,
- Helping with community events and promotional activities such as community fairs and summer Farmers' Markets,
- Helping with fundraising events such as our annual Spring Dog Wash and Fall Lab Fest,
- Visiting dogs being surrendered by their owners,
- Providing a Foster Home. They truly are the "safe harbor" for our rescued Labs. The more we have the more Labs we can save.
Foster homes provide food, shelter, simple routine training and lots of LOVE. Safe Harbor is responsible for the Lab's medical expenses. If you're not sure if you're ready to adopt a first or an additional companion, this is a great way to get to know and help a lovable Lab.
If you would like to learn more about fostering to help safe Lab lives, please contact Sharon, our Foster Coordinator.
If you are interested in fostering a rescued lab or becoming a volunteer at Safe Harbor Lab Rescue, please download the following PDF form(s) mail to:
Safe Harbor Lab Rescue
601 16th Street, #C-322
Golden, CO 80401